Careers at Buffaload
We pride ourselves on a job well done and we recognise that our success depends fully on the quality of our people.
Our goal is to keep Buffaload a great place to work.
We are family owned and run, with in excess of 100 years’ experience in our sector through the combined experience and skills of our management team. We are a successful and growing company and can offer you a rewarding advance in your career.
Supporting our forces
The Defence Employer Recognition Scheme (ERS) encourages employers to support defence and inspire others to do the same.
The scheme encompasses bronze, silver and gold awards for employer organisations that pledge, demonstrate or advocate support to defence and the armed forces community, and align their values with the Armed Forces Covenant.
As a silver award holder Buffaload has undertaken the following commitments:
- Sign the Armed Forces Covenant.
- Demonstrate support for service personnel issues and employ at least one member of the armed forces community.
- Actively communicate and uphold a positive stance to their employees via established human resources policies and procedures.
- Show flexibility towards annual training commitments and mobilisation of reservist employees and support the employment of cadet instructors, Armed Forces Veterans (including wounded, injured and sick) and military spouses/partners.
We are happy to accept speculative applications from drivers.
We will keep your application on file for a period of 6 months. If any suitable vacancies arise in this period, we will get in touch with you.
Before you send us your CV, please check that you meet the following criteria:
- Hold a full C + E (class 1) license
- Hold a driver’s qualification card (35 hours)
- Have a valid digital tachograph card
- Have a UK bank account and a NI number
- Live within reasonable travelling distance of one of our depots at Ellington, Crewe or Skelmersdale
- Are able to work night shifts
- Have no more than 3 current points on your license.